Staff Accountant - Casa Grande, Arizona
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
To assist with compiling, confirming, researching, and analyzing financial and other management data for accuracy. Help ensure monthly closing process is accomplished for preparation of financial statements in accordance to GAAP.
- Prepare assigned journal entries including but not limited to, mail checks, practice management system payments, pharmacy, monthly billings, accruals, and fixed assets.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Create and disperse invoices to tenants and tracks payments against invoices.
- Responsible for Capital Asset Software, including additions, depreciation, and disposals.
- Assist in reviewing and analyzing associated general ledger accounts for accuracy.
- Prepare, maintain, and reconcile subsidiary ledgers to ensure complete and accurate financial records.
- Maintain ongoing understanding of pharmacy management software in order to assist with the development and accuracy of general ledger entries, may require research and testing of output regarding inventory.
- Document, understand and reconcile pharmacy accounts receivable and reports.
- Assist the Financial Controller in meeting internal and external reporting requirements including but not limited to, UDS, Medicare Cost Report, Rebase calculation, Fee Schedules, Capital Budget, and Annual Budget.
- Participate in providing external auditors with full access to SLFHC records and information.
- Track the trends of encounters, charges, adjustments, and payments on a monthly and annual basis.
- Document and maintain job procedures required to fulfill all duties, in Excel and in a folder, including examples and print screens when helpful.
- Assist in training, assigning, and reviewing work of Accounts Payable Specialists. Ensure that vendor lists and notes are updated in accounting system.
- Monitor and maintain vendor files in accounting system to ensure accurate vendor information including but not limited to name, address, and phone number.
- Monitor vendor invoices and payments to ensure accurate and timely processing. Ensuring payments are made to take full advantage of vendor discounts and promoting credit card payments when possible.
- Maintain weekly cash flow analysis tracking payments and payables.
- Contribute to a team effort.
- Participate in in-service/education regarding Quality Improvement
- Perform all other related duties as assigned or requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Through knowledge of accounting principles, terminology, and systems
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Supervisory Skills
- Ability to participate in a teamwork approach to accomplishing tasks.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal and presentation skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Science in Accountancy, Finance or related field, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or MBA preferred.
- Three years of experience in health care finance (preferably an FQHC).
[x] High School Diploma or GED
[ ] Technical Certification: ____
[ ] License:
[X] 3-5 years experience in [x] addition to cert/degree; [ ] in lieu of cert/degree
[x] Degree: Associate’s degree in Accounting or Business required, Bachelor’s preferred
[ ] Bilingual (English-Spanish) Preferred
[x] Computer literate
[x] Filing procedures
[ ] Money handling
[x] Calculator, office machines, etc.
[ ] Balancing [x] Carrying [x] Climbing
[x] Crawling [x] Crouching [ ] Feeling
[x] Fingering [x] Grasping [x] Kneeling
[x] Lifting 10 lbs. [ ] Pulling [x] Hearing (communicate)
[x] Talking (communicate) [x] Sitting [ ] Standing (mobility)
[x] Walking (mobility) [x] Vision: far [x] Vision: near
[x] Vision: color [x] Vision: depth [x] Vision: (w/assistance)
[x] Airborne particles [x] Muscular strain
[ ] Chemicals [ ] Caustics
[x] Electrical current [ ] Fumes
[x] Noise [x] Odors
[ ] Sharps [ ] Body fluids
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to perform the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 20279