Care Manager - Casa Grande, Arizona
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
The Care Manager promotes the health and wellness of high-risk patient populations as defined by Sun Life Family Health Center with the goal on improving outcomes for the patient and the population with a primary focus on meeting CMS guidelines for Chronic Care Management Services.
- Conducts data reporting to identify gaps in care or services and conducts patient outreach to facilitate follow-up care or services
- Provides patient education
- Provides post-care follow-up
- Obtains prior-authorization and/or referrals to other healthcare services or providers as necessary
- Verifies coverage and benefits with insurers
- Provides patient education sessions for various health conditions; e.g., diabetes, CHF, COPD, etc.
- Assists where necessary to coordinate services at point of hospital discharge
- Participate in in-service/education regarding Quality Improvement.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the leads/managers of the integrated services department and quality improvement department.
- Assist in the continual development of the Care Management Department.
- Adapt to changing health information technology.
- Serve as a trainer for new health information technology relating to essential job functions.
- Promote positive patient/guest relation in accordance with Sun Life
- Adhere to Family Health Center’s policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors
- Observe organizational policies concerning unscheduled absences and reports unscheduled absences in accordance with departmental procedures
- Comply with the organization Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conduct annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintain familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conduct himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of Sun Life Family Health Center
- Observe and respect the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and fellow employees if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function
- Dress according to the organization’s dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently and handle stress appropriately
- Ability to work cooperatively with health-system and all Sun Life staff
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule
- Ability to set priorities, make critical decisions, and respond quickly to urgent requests
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing) and evaluate medical literature
- Ability to communicate with patients in person and/or via telephone.
- Display excellent customer service skills.
- Adapt to changing information technology.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Participate in in-service/education regarding Quality Improvement
- Perform all other related duties as assigned or requested
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.) with valid state license
[x] High School Diploma or GED
[ ] Technical Certification:
[x] License: LPN
[ ] 1 - 2 years experience in [ ] addition to cert/degree;
[ ] in lieu of cert/degree
[ ] Degree: ________________
[x] Bilingual (English-Spanish) Preferred
[x] Computer literate
[x] Filing and charting procedures
[ ] Money handling
[ ] Calculator, office machines, etc.
[x] Balancing [x] Carrying [ ] Climbing
[ ] Crawling [x] Crouching [x] Feeling
[x] Fingering [x] Grasping [x] Kneeling
[x] Lifting 50 lbs. [x] Pulling [x] Hearing (communicate)
[x] Talking (communicate) [ ] Sitting [x] Standing (mobility)
[x] Walking (mobility) [x] Vision: far [x] Vision: near
[x] Vision: color [x] Vision: depth [x] Vision: (w/assistance)
[x] Airborne particles [x] Muscular strain
[x] Chemicals [x] Caustics
[x] Electrical current [x] Fumes
[x] Noise [x] Odors
[x] Sharps [x] Body fluids
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to perform the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 15687