Care Coordinator, Maricopa, Arizona
The Care Coordinator facilitates all aspects of the patient referral process. When Sun Life medical providers refer patients to external providers for recommended medical care and services, the Care Coordinator completes all steps necessary to arrange the medical care and services for the patient and obtains procedure reports from the external providers when referred care and services are completed.
- Prepares paperwork for required referrals in a timely manner within the Sun Life established timelines
- Obtains authorization for care by contacting the appropriate insurance carrier, communicating the providers instructions, and transmitting confirmed information.
- Sends by fax, the required referral and all necessary chart notes appropriate for the referred services
- Coordinates patient care by making appointments for the patient with specialists
- Contacts specialist or other health care facilities to obtain procedure reports of referred patients
- Tracks the patients referral using logs to measure the status of the patient referral and follow up accordingly when no activity is seen
- Participates with team huddles to share the status of patient referrals for upcoming patient visits
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work under stressful situations
- Medical Terminology
- Computer literate
- ICD and CPT coding
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalency
- One year as a receptionist/referral clerk in a medical facility or public contact position
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to perform the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 22981