Behavorial Health Consultant - Casa Grande, Arizona
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
A Behavioral Health Consultant is a member of the Sun Life Family Health Center’s healthcare team who works in collaboration with the primary care providers in managing the overall health of their patients. The Behavioral Health Consultant will provide skill training through patient education strategies and develop specific behavioral change plan to address maladaptive behaviors as well as other psychosocial factors.
- Provide quality clinical consultation addressing patient psychosocial concerns in collaboration with the integrated primary care team. Capable of assessment and interventions for patients of all ages regarding psychosocial concerns that may be related to life stressors, acute and/or chronic mental health conditions, motivational barriers to healthy lifestyle, and/or other identifiable behavioral health concerns, while making appropriate recommendations to medical providers and patients
- Capable of assessing the patient’s behavioral health related issues utilizing DSM-IV-R, PHQ-9, and other relevant diagnostics for the purposes of integrated primary care treatment planning and/or referrals to community based specialized mental health providers
- Provide brief, health, and behavior focused assessments and interventions with active development of behavioral change planning that can improve psychosocial functioning and impact patient’s bio-medical health outcomes
- Provide follow up appointments to deliver psychotherapeutic care related to the mind/body connection including relapse prevention education
- Function in the role of educator to patients as it pertains to identifying psychosocial needs and appropriate treatment techniques and self-management skills
- Attend monthly department staffing and weekly supervision meetings
- Promote smooth interface between medicine and behavioral health care throughout the organization through collaborative relationship building, efficiency with patient flow, accessibility to medical providers, brief consultations with providers and staff, and adherence to scope of practice limitations given the population based approach
- Establish and build collaborative relationships with SLFHC Medical Provider’s through familiarization with provider patient panels, provider-directed psychosocial screenings, integrated medical visits, walking the halls, and other methods helpful to promoting the integrated primary care model
- Provide on-site availability for crisis triage and intervention
- Provide concise documentation of the behavioral health aspect of patient interventions and tracks the patient referrals to specialty behavioral health care in a timely manner
- Provide education to the primary care team regarding the latest information and knowledge pertaining to integrated behavioral health assessment and intervention, related behavioral health conditions, safety and risk assessment, in order to assist with enhancing primary care utilization of the Behavioral Health Services
- Promote positive patient/guest relation in accordance with Sun Life
- Adhere to Family Health Center’s policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors
- Participate in in-service/education regarding Quality Improvement
- Observe organizational policies concerning unscheduled absences and reports unscheduled absences in accordance with departmental procedures
- Comply with the organization Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensure compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conduct annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintain familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conduct himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of Sun Life Family Health Center
- Observe and respect the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and fellow employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function
- Dress according to the organization’s dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance
- Accountability- Role Model, mission, vision and shared values
- Customer Focus:
Has a clear understanding of internal customers needs, preferences, timelines and decision-making criteria
Recognizes that building long-term customer satisfaction is the key to employee engagement
- Teamwork - If someone needs help, help them
- Initiative - Be innovative, apply fresh ideas and continuously improve how you do your work
- Confidentiality - Maintains strict confidentiality and respect the privacy of others
- Ethical - Demonstrate consideration and appreciation for co-workers and customer
- Respect - Demonstrate - consideration and appreciation for co-workers and customer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Master's degree in the Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Counseling, Social Work) with two (2) years of directly related experience is required. Must be an Independently Licensed Behavioral Health Professional in the State of Arizona (LCSW or PsyD). Computer literacy is required. Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates a plus
Ability to write presentations that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public group and/or board of directors
Ability to work with mathematically concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Independently licensed as an LCSW or PsyD is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
[x] High School Diploma or GED
[ ] Technical Certification: ________________________
[x] License: Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Psychologist
[ ] 2 years experience in [x] addition to cert/degree; [ ] in lieu of cert/degree
[x] Degree: Master’s degree in Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Counseling, Social Work)
[x] Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred
[x] Computer literate
[ ] Typing
[x] Filing and charting procedures
[ ] Money handling
[ ] Calculator, office machines, etc.
[ ] Balancing [x] Carrying [ ] Climbing
[ ] Crawling [ ] Crouching [x] Feeling
[x] Fingering [x] Grasping [ ] Kneeling
[x] Lifting 50 lbs. [ ] Pulling [x] Hearing (communicate)
[x] Talking (communicate) [x] Sitting [x] Standing (mobility)
[x] Walking (mobility) [x] Vision: far [x] Vision: near
[x] Vision: color [x] Vision: depth [x] Vision: (w/assistance)
[x] Airborne particles [ ] Muscular strain
[ ] Chemicals [ ] Caustics
[x] Electrical current [ ] Fumes
[x] Noise [x] Odors
[ ] Sharps [ ] Body fluids
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to perform the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 15908